Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Shopping Cart

I have been looking forward to Barrett being able to ride in the shopping cart when we go to places like the grocery store.  Since he is sitting up without looking even a little wobbly it seemed like a good time to try it.  I also thought that I would look a little less silly playing with him everywhere if he was sitting up in the cart instead of in the pumkin seat.  Besides, it is hard to carry that big old thing, and it takes up the entire cart.  Barrett was slightly confused at first, but then he looked at me and smiled.  I could just see those wheels turning, and I pictured it all going downhill from here.  Sure enough I have learned a couple of things from this first trip.
  1. DO NOT put the cart too close to the merchandise.  If you do Barrett will think that he should reach for and grab whatever is in his reach!!
  2. DO NOT pile things too high in the cart.  Barret can reach over the back and get to things he does not need to play with.
  3. It is more fun to have him in that part of the cart, but it takes much MUCH longer to get through the grocery store!
Even though he was a little mischievous riding in the cart, I had fun.  I love watching him, he was just so cute trying to get to everything!  He did manage to hold still long enough to take this picture... Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment