Thursday, December 16, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

So... this is my first REAL Christmas.  I have celebrated Christmas with friends, and with my husband, but this year is different.  It is the first year that Christmas really means something to me.  Barrett has made our family more than a couple, thus making it our "first family Christmas!"  Exactly how has this year been different than any other year though... up until this point.... NOTHING IS DIFFERENT.  I so wished for it to be more of a wonderful explosion of Christmas like my best friend Lindsay... I mean she lives for Christmas time.. it is her favorite time of year, and her house magically transforms into a winter wonderland at Thanksgiving, it is like stepping into a magical happy place where everything is ...well... Christmassy.  But this Jewish girl's house still lacks the bright shiny lights that mean Christmas is coming.  Everything this year has been so busy, it seems like everytime we might get a chance to go get our Christmas tree... something happens... and well until that happens... the house is not Christmas ready.  So here we are a week until Christmas and still no magic.  So I have decorated the blog.  If nothing in my life is really ready for our first family Christmas.... at least my blog will be pretty... so ....


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment