Tuesday, November 23, 2010

This is a place of business

As I mentioned previously Barrett comes with me to work about once a week.  It is wonderful to have him there, and it definitely makes the day seem to pass much faster than when he is not there.  Unfortunately it takes a TON of stuff to keep him happy in a small 12 x 12 room for 9 hours.  Let me just give you the tour....




As you walk into my office this will be the first thing that you see.  It is two chairs pushed together to make a temporary crib (this is because there was too much other baby stuff with me to fit my stroller into my small 2 door car).  Barrett actually sleeps pretty well in there... see for yourself.....



 Next as you look right past my desk you will see the excersaucer.  Barrett will play in this once he is up from his nap.  This is also where I put down his blanket so that he can do his tummy time during the day.



Next up...My desk.  As you can see Barrett gets to hang out right next to me literally.  This is my favorite spot for him because it is where he is the happiest the longest.  Sometimes he will nap in this too.  Notice that the toys are scattered all around this area as well. 




One of the most important places in my office is the changing station.  I have cleared off the top of one of my filing cabinets and this is where I change all his diapers.  Barrett is learning that when he wiggles around and kicks his legs it makes a really loud banging sound, and he likes this game. 



While I am at work I have to have a place to store the car seat so it is out of the way.  I have found that this little corner is the perfect size.




There are a couple of things that are not pictured.  These things are, my diaper bag, and his bumbo seat.  Both of these are stored underneath my desk until they are needed.  If the bumbo seat is out it takes the place of the bouncy seat, which is then moved into the "crib" to keep it out of the way.  I must also let you know that for the most part, customers/ clients do not come into our office very often, so it is not something that most people see.  So, needless to say that my office has been completely transformed.  It is something that I am sure that my boss (also my dad) is probably a little um... well what is the word... probably annoyed by.  It is a good thing that Barrett is so stinking cute, and all he has to do is smile that cute grandson smile, and my boss forgets that my office has been turned into a nursery.  I hope that you have enjoyed the tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment