Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Barret Goes to Work with Daddy

Today was the first day that Barrett went to work with Gavin.  Barrett comes with me around once a week.  I love those days.  It is so much fun to get to spend the whole day with him.  On the other hand it is so hard to get anything done.  So in the hopes that I might get something accomplished today, I asked Gavin to take him until lunchtime, and I would come pick him up around lunchtime.  So, around 12:00 I show up to eat lunch with my sweet husband and baby.  Gavin says that he is getting pretty fussy, so I am picturing lunch not going so well.  In fact it is noon, and Gavin has informed me that he did not put Barrett down to nap all day!  BUT he did have a wonderful unproductive morning at work playing with his little helper! (At this point I am picturing not only a rough lunch, but also, a very unproductive afternoon for me!)  We get Barrett settled into his bumbo seat with a toy and attempt to start eating.  At this point the plumber comes in and Gavin has to get up to handle some business.  As the three of us were talking, I turned to check on Barrett and this is what I saw:

Barrett fell asleep sitting up playing with his toy!  I think this might have been one of Barrett's cutest moments ever!  I know it wasn't nice to laugh, but still... it was hilarious.  You see, Barrett doesn't like to sleep during the day at all on a good day, but today that baby was so tired he fell asleep sitting up!  Just for the record, Barrett took a small nap, and then stayed up for the rest of the afternoon.  Needless to say it was a good thing I had the morning to be productive at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment