Sunday, July 10, 2011

Barrett turns one.... my thoughts on one year

While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

There are times in life when words fail us, and this is certainly one of those times.
Barrett turned one today! I can not believe that one year has gone by.  There are no true words to describe what I have felt over the past year. To say it has been the best time of my life would be a lie, to say that is has been the worst time in my life would be a lie, but to say that the past 365 days falls somewhere in that continuum does not do it justice.
 Everyone tells you that the time flies by, and as much as anyone says it, and everyone tells you to enjoy every minute, there is absolutely no way to really get that message across without having lived it.  There were so many times throughout the year that I wished there was a pause button, or really a rewind button so that I could relive some of the moments.  It doesn't seem like Barrett stayed a baby long enough.  While I was wishing for time to slow down, I was also wishing and anticipating the next milestone.  It is so amazing to watch a baby discover the world with each new milestone that they reach.  I couldn't wait for him to sit up, then to crawl, and now he is walking.  He is no longer a little baby, he is  my little toddler.  I love experiencing the world through the eyes of my child.  It is an inspiring way to look at the world, and it makes life seem simpler, and much more magical at the same time.

  The past year has been mind boggling. This past year I learned that there was so much more to learn about life then even knew there was to learn.  My world has changed because of him, and there is not a day that goes by that I don't look at him with amazement with the joy that he has brought into my life. 

So here's to one year, Barrett!  You are my sunshine little man, and I love you more than words can say.




No comments:

Post a Comment